February 20, 2007

Day 9

Day Nine:
"...be swift to hear, slow to speak..." James 1:19b

We are often so busy speaking that we don't take time to listen. We are so quick to offer a comment - negative or positive - that we don't really "hear" our husband's heart. Remember: we have two ears and only one mouth. We need to listen more!

As you continue in your 30-day challenge, not speaking negatively and focusing on positive encouragement, hear the Lord's admonition today: "Be swift to hear."

If listening is a real problem for you, play a game with yourself. See if you can listen to your husband for one whole day, only speaking when asked a question. If your husband notices the difference, explain that you are learning to listen more-not only to God, but also to him.

For those of you who know me, this whole listening thing could be a problem sometimes. I have so much to say and lots of opinions. It is my prayer that I can take this days challenge and practice, practice, practice! Brandon is similar in that he has lots to say and lots of ideas as well. He has so much to say and so many new ideas that I sometimes downplay some of them. I can definetly get better at not doing this. My prayer is that I can become more of a listener and encourager. I pray that I can stay away from always looking for the bad in things. My prayer is that I can become more trusting of Brandon and his decision making and that we will seek Christ in all decisions that are to be made for our family.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home