February 16, 2007

Our Valentines date...not exactly as planned

Mine and Brandon's Valentines celebration was planned for this evening. We were going to go to Fuji, a hibachi grill, and then come home and spend time with one another. I was in charge of dinner and Brandon romance! Our plans totally flopped. Wanna know why? Brandon caught a stomach bug. Poor thing, he was up all night
trying to "get rid" of the bug. He spent all of today doing the same.
Brandon,definitely was not up for food and as for the romance, well,
let's just say, I do not want that bug. I did manage to have a great
day myself. I had decided to take off before I knew about the bug. I
stayed around the house for a little bit this morning. My sister
and I went shopping the rest of the day. It has been a while since I
have done that...the all day shopping thing that is. I did not get much for
myself but I did take care of some much needed niece and nephew items
and husband things. My sister and I had a great time.

Brandon and I plan to spend the rest of the evening here on the couch. He had
chicken noodle and I had cheerios. Not exactly the hibachi grill but as long as we are together.

I had planned on placing Brandon's gifts in places where he would find them
all throughout the day. They were small things with a poem that
referenced us or him, and each item played a part in the poem too. I
think I may have had more fun putting it together than Brandon did
receiving the gifts. I ended up giving him the whole pile of things to
open while I was gone today. He said he enjoyed them. Brandon's gift to
me is a new blog template purchase from Lindsay. She is
working so hard on it and I am so impressed. I can not wait until
everyone is able to see the whole thing completed! It should not be
long.

30 Day Husband Encouragement Challenge

Day 4

"...let him labor, working with his hands what is good..." Eph. 4:28

We
are all accountable for the things we say, both negative and positive
words. Have you embraced the challenge to speak only positive things to
your husband and to others about him? Here's a suggestion that touches
the core of your husband's world.

Some women take their
husband's career for granted, and they show it in many ways. Do you
"dump" on your husband at the end of the workday, or do you strengthen
and encourage him with your words? A wise wife will make her husband
feel that she values and appreciates his work. Let him know that you
are glad he is a hard worker. Take opportunities to praise his
diligence and resourcefulness to others.

Day 5
Let
no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but what is good
for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."Eph. 4:29

Another
way to describe the positive side of this "30-Day Encouragement
Challenge" is by using the word "edify," which means, "to build up."
Negative comments only discourage and tear down. Positive comments
encourage and build.

Do you edify your husband before others,
adding to his value in their eyes? This is especially important to
other family members.

Do you praise your husband to his
relatives, and yours? Does your husband's mother know how much you love
him? How about your dad? Perhaps you can drop a word of praise into a
conversation or letter. Be creative in letting your relatives know that
you respect your husband, love him, and support him - in spite of
whatever flaws and weaknesses he may have.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home